duncanw

Default can you create a break in the chart scale

Is possible to change the scale of the chart to reflect a large range of
data ie creat a break in the scale?

I have a data set that consists of variables ranging from 25 to 0.1,
there are roughly three variables that are in between 20 - 25 and the
remainder are (25) are in the range of 0.1 to 1. As such, when I graph
this data in a regular bar chart I can only see the three variables that
are between 20 - 25 as the scale does not allow me to the lower valued
variables. In regards to this problem I would like to break the scale
so it would ready, 0.2, 0.2,0.3 ....1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25.

If you can help with this problem it would be much appreciated.

--
duncanw
duncanw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26866

Andy Pope

Axis breaks are not a built in feature but they can be created.
Here is an example, including links to alternatives.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm

Cheers
Andy

duncanw wrote:
Is possible to change the scale of the chart to reflect a large range of
data ie creat a break in the scale?

I have a data set that consists of variables ranging from 25 to 0.1,
there are roughly three variables that are in between 20 - 25 and the
remainder are (25) are in the range of 0.1 to 1. As such, when I graph
this data in a regular bar chart I can only see the three variables that
are between 20 - 25 as the scale does not allow me to the lower valued
variables. In regards to this problem I would like to break the scale
so it would ready, 0.2, 0.2,0.3 ....1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25.

If you can help with this problem it would be much appreciated.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info