B. Scace

Default Textbox disappears

My question is about several bar charts I made in excel - each chart has
textboxes above each bar - with either a "$" or "#" inside them. On all four
charts, the symbols do not show up on the last set of bars, once I am
finished editing or when I print them. I'm using Excel 2002.

Why do they disappear on the last 2 (right hand) bars on each chart? And is
there any easier way to display these symbols rather than thru textboxes?
Thanks!
Jon Peltier

If the boxes are situated at each point in the chart, use data labels instead. Excel
offers a few options of what these labels can display, but you can customize this.
In fact, you can download utilities that apply text from a worksheet range to these
labels. Two noteworthy utilities:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

- Jon