kapatia

Default How to insert superscripted value in Y-axis title of excel sheet

I tried to write suprscripted variable in y-title of the excel chart (located
in work sheet). It gave the superscript at the extreme top, text direction 90
degrees, (not with the text desired). Where am I going wrong in putting the
superscript through format axis? Moreover I could not re-size the text boxes.
Please advice and help me out.
Jon Peltier

To superscript a character in a run of text, click so that the cursor is blinking in
the text, then select the character and press Ctrl+1 (numeral one) to open the
Format dialog. Format the character as superscripted.

Axis titles, chart titles, and data labels are not true text boxes. Although they
have the black square handles, they are not resizable. Maybe in the next version....

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

kapatia wrote:
I tried to write suprscripted variable in y-title of the excel chart (located
in work sheet). It gave the superscript at the extreme top, text direction 90
degrees, (not with the text desired). Where am I going wrong in putting the
superscript through format axis? Moreover I could not re-size the text boxes.
Please advice and help me out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
How to put superscript in axis title?

Default How to insert superscripted value in Y-axis title of excel she

It does not work (with MS Excel 2003). I have the same problem.

kapatia wrote:
I tried to write suprscripted variable in y-title of the excel chart (located
in work sheet). It gave the superscript at the extreme top, text direction 90
degrees, (not with the text desired). Where am I going wrong in putting the
superscript through format axis? Moreover I could not re-size the text boxes.
Please advice and help me out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

It sure does work in Excel 97-2003 on a chart title, axis title, data label,
and text box, as long as the text element is not linked to the text in a
cell. What text element is not working for you, and is it linked to a cell's
text?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

kapatia wrote:
I tried to write suprscripted variable in y-title of the excel chart
(located
in work sheet). It gave the superscript at the extreme top, text
direction 90
degrees, (not with the text desired). Where am I going wrong in putting
the
superscript through format axis? Moreover I could not re-size the text
boxes.
Please advice and help me out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Akrum

If you select a non TT font like MS San Serif the entire Vertical Axix Title
will show. i hope this will help.

Akrum