Ali Baba

Default How to chart a formula

Hello
Is there a way that I can plot two functions into one chart? I mean that I
only need write the first function (eg. Y = 3*x^2) in Cell A1 and the second
function (eg. Y = exp(x) +x) in Cell A2 and get both functions plotted in the
same chart.

I saw PLOT manager which was created by Tushar Mehta but it does not do what
I want.

So if anybody can help me to write a VBA code to do this task I would really
appreciate it

This is an illustration of what I want
http://phpaw.com/myscrpit/milt-up/jp...1123870575.jpg

Andy Pope

Maybe Jan Karel Pieterse example will help. Also includes a link to
Stephen Bullens similiar approach.
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/ChartAnEquation00.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Ali Baba

Thanks Andy

I tried using this method several times but I was unsuccessful. So I think
VBA is more suitable to me.

I am doing this as part of my project which I am asked to plot two functions
and then calculate the area under the curves.

If you can help I would be so pleased.

Andy Pope

I was able to add another formula to the example workbook and chart it
in the same chart as the existing one. If you email me I will send you
an example.

Cheers
Andy