chaskiv

Default sharepoint

How do I get Excel Charts into sharepoint?
John O. Knoke

You can only place pivot tables or graphs with an office web part. For a
simple excel graph you need to convert it to .jpg file and publish it as web
content.

"chaskiv" wrote in message
How do I get Excel Charts into sharepoint?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

This was a simple processs in Excel 2003:

1. Create chart and do "Save as Web Page."
2. Click on the "Selection: Chart" radio button.
3. Set your file name and location, then click "Publish."
4. Verify the info on the Publish as Web Page display and click "Open
published Web page in broswer" so that you can easily copy the URL from the
page created. Click "Publish."
5. Copy the URL of htm page displayed.
6. Insert Page Viewer Web Part on SharePoint page.
7. Select "Web Page" in Page Viewer Tool Pane and paste the htm page link
under "Link."
8. Adjust size of Web Part as needed to fit chart and eliminate scroll bars,

But....this process no longer works for me in 2007. I've had some success
putting the chart on a different worksheet than the data, but Excel then
publishes as a "chartsheet" rather than a chart. It appears the chartsheet
includes all of the space around the chart so that when it's inserted in the
Web Part the chart size is distorted. I've tried playing around with resizing
the worksheet page, etc., but couldn't find any way to fix it.

You might want to give it a try and see if you can get it to work for you
since I may have been overlooking something obvious and I'm working with a
dashboard created in 2003. I've posted a discussion item on "publishing Excel
2007 charts." hoping that someone will respond that has figured it out.
Meanwhile, I'm doing my updates in 2007 but all of my publishing on another
PC with Excel 2003 because it works so slick and is so easy.