SJC

Default Error message: no new fonts

I have created a workbook which tracks lab data for a number of facilities.
Sheet 1 holds all of my data, and Sheet 2 produces a report for each
facility. The report for each facility is one page in length and contains a
table of the data, plus two charts. There are about 300 facilities that I
have strung together on this worksheet. However, when I go to edit any of
the data or charts, I receive a message, "No more new fonts may be applied in
this workbook". My only option is to select "OK". When I select "OK", the
box continues to pop back up until the entire program is frozen.

Is there any way to fix this problem?
Jon Peltier

You should try to rearrange your report so you have many fewer charts per worksheet.
Many of Excel's limitations are legacies of the DOS/Win3.1 days, when a system had
limited resources. Using this scheme, a chart needs its own font resources, even
though all the charts might use the same font face and size, and a sheet has a limit
of something like 256 font resources. Archaic stuff.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services