max0d

Default Survival distribution function chart

Is anyone familiar with the Kaplan-Meier estimator, and if there is a
way I can get excel to draw a traditional survivior curve? The charts
on this page http://www.xlstat.com/demoKM.xls are the style that I
would like to produce. However, these appear to have been produced
using an add-on called XLstat Pro. I am attempting to produce a
spreadsheet to analyse various statistical models which are all reliant
on producing a survivor curve in this style. Any help anyone could
offer me would be gratefully received as I have spent days trying and
can not find a way of doing this.

--
max0d
max0d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16920

Jon Peltier

If you know the formulas for the values (I didn't download the Excel workbook), you
can set up a helper column with the transformed values you need to plot to make the
chart look right. This example might help you step out of the box; it's a
probability chart, in which I've used Excel's statistics functions to compute the Y
values for the chart, and a fake axis to display the corresponding probabilities
along the Y axis:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...lityChart.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

max0d wrote:

Is anyone familiar with the Kaplan-Meier estimator, and if there is a
way I can get excel to draw a traditional survivior curve? The charts
on this page http://www.xlstat.com/demoKM.xls are the style that I
would like to produce. However, these appear to have been produced
using an add-on called XLstat Pro. I am attempting to produce a
spreadsheet to analyse various statistical models which are all reliant
on producing a survivor curve in this style. Any help anyone could
offer me would be gratefully received as I have spent days trying and
can not find a way of doing this.

Fan charts Dean Charts and Charting in Excel 7 May 30th 05 11:51 AM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
how do i draw a distribution chart in excel travish19 Charts and Charting in Excel 3 January 15th 05 01:18 AM
Problem with xlusrgal.xls file Alfred S C Lee Charts and Charting in Excel 2 December 29th 04 05:54 PM