DK

Default Source Data & Legends

I have a summary sheet from which a graph is generated, at any time I only
need to show half of the items from the summary on the legend but I need to
be able to add and remove line items in the graph and the legend but add them
in quickly.

Is there a method where you can put a tick box and select and de-select line
items so they appear and disapear from the legend and the graph without
adding and removing source data lines each time.

There is a set colour scheme which also has to be adheared to so I cant just
take a dump of the data and use a dynamic range graph unless there is a way
of having a key from which I can automaticaly assign a colour depending upon
the name of a line of source data.

Thanks DK

bj

Check out pivot tables and their graphs

Also since graphs only display visible cells, the use of auto filter on the
data sets can give you fast changes on your data.

"DK" wrote:

I have a summary sheet from which a graph is generated, at any time I only
need to show half of the items from the summary on the legend but I need to
be able to add and remove line items in the graph and the legend but add them
in quickly.

Is there a method where you can put a tick box and select and de-select line
items so they appear and disapear from the legend and the graph without
adding and removing source data lines each time.

There is a set colour scheme which also has to be adheared to so I cant just
take a dump of the data and use a dynamic range graph unless there is a way
of having a key from which I can automaticaly assign a colour depending upon
the name of a line of source data.

Thanks DK

DK

The pivot tables cannot handle the number of columns usually going to collumn
IV, have played with filters in the past but not the most practical
considering 10-15 graphs per pack and there are four packs of graphs per
exercise.

"DK" wrote:

I have a summary sheet from which a graph is generated, at any time I only
need to show half of the items from the summary on the legend but I need to
be able to add and remove line items in the graph and the legend but add them
in quickly.

Is there a method where you can put a tick box and select and de-select line
items so they appear and disapear from the legend and the graph without
adding and removing source data lines each time.

There is a set colour scheme which also has to be adheared to so I cant just
take a dump of the data and use a dynamic range graph unless there is a way
of having a key from which I can automaticaly assign a colour depending upon
the name of a line of source data.

Thanks DK

bj

one way I have done a similar thing is to plot every thing. then write
several macros which removes different combinations of data sets.
I keep one chart as a master and copy it and remove data series as needed.