Tim

Default Can it be done???????????????

Hi folks,

I spent a lot of time on this project but I couldn't figure out the solution
for it? Is it possible to be done? Please help.... This is an urgent and
very important to me.

Here is my data:

M1 M2 M3 M4
100 10 -15 95

The M2 value is not 10. It is an increase 10 from M1. The M3 value is a
decrease 15 from M2. The M4 value is equal to 95.

I need a column chart:

Column1 shows M1 value 100.

Column2 shows M2 value 10 but not from 0 to 10. It is from 100 to 110 with
a horizontal line connect to column1. In other word, the ending point of
column1(100) has a line connect to the starting point of column2(100).

Column3 shows a drop from 110 to 95. There also has a horizontal line
between the ending point of column2 and the starting point of column3.

Column4 shows the true value of 95. Its starting point also has a
horizontal line connect back to the ending point of column3.

Please show me how to do it? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tim.

Ed Ferrero

Hi Tim,

You are describing a waterfall chart.
I have a sample here http://edferrero.m6.net/charting.aspx
but you might find Jon Peltier's example at
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Waterfall.html
a bit easier to follow (and less buggy :^)

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net