Default Chart with two axis

Hi,
I have the following data:

column A:
jan
feb
mar
apr

column B:
3
8
5
9

column C:
26
40
45
38

I would like to get a chart where in the horizontal axis I have the
monthes and I have 4 points, connected by lines.
The first point will have the value 3 in correspondence of the left
vertical axis and the value 26 in correspondences of the right vertical
axis.
The fourth point will have the value 9 in correspondence of the left
vertical axis and the value 38 in correspondences of the right vertical
axis.

How can I can do it?

Thanks

bj

If I understand what you are asking
you want a chart with four lines going from left to right
one starting at 3 and ending at 26
and the others as listed

at the base of the chart you want 4 months listed Jan through april

if I assume the Jan values are the 3,8,5,9 and the April values are the
26,40,45 and 38
I would set up the spread sheet as A1=A4 as the Jan,feb,mar april
put in the 3,---9 in cells B1,C1,D1,E1
and the 26-38 in B4,C4, etc
in B2 enter = B1+1/3*(B4-B1)
in B3 enter =B1+2/3*(B4-B1)
Copy the equations in B2 and B3 and copy to C2:D3

When plotted with lines and no symbols, this will give what I think you are
asking for. If not please give more information as to what you want.
" wrote:

[...]

Thank you for your reply,

Really I want a chart with a line (that connect the four points).
The Jan values are 3 and 26.
The Apr values are 9 and 38.

bj

if your "Jan" in in A1
select A1:C4
(correct the range as needed.)
<insert<<Chart<line [select the symbol line combination you want]
nit next
Make sure the columns is selected

finish going through the chart wizard and putting the labels you want on the
axis

" wrote:

Thank you for your reply,

Really I want a chart with a line (that connect the four points).
The Jan values are 3 and 26.
The Apr values are 9 and 38.

Jon Peltier

Earlier you mentioned having two vertical axes, which highly complicates
this effort.

If you have a line chart with two series on the primary axis, you can
connect the pairs at each category by double clicking on either series,
selecting the Options tab, and checking High-Low Lines.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services