Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 2007 Line Chart - Chart line to go directly to next value

Hello,

Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the
intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have
the periods:

Jan with the value 1000
Feb with the value 900
March with the value 500
April with the value 0
May with the value 0
June with the value 0

I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the
interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly
to zero then the line is straight across to April.

I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas?

Thanks,
Brett
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDude wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the
intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have
the periods:

Jan with the value 1000
Feb with the value 900
March with the value 500
April with the value 0
May with the value 0
June with the value 0

I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the
interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly
to zero then the line is straight across to April.

I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas?

Thanks,
Brett

I don't think that is possible else you would simultaneously be entertaining two values for a given month.

However, you may be able to do something similar with a variation of a Column format; especially if you format it to show no overlap
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Oct 12, 12:05*am, Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
[...]

Can you give me an example of how I can do that? I am not sure what
you mean column format?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 23:39:13 -0700 (PDT), TyreDude wrote:

[...]

Insert / Charts / Column / 2D columns

Then, within the chart, select the Data series and / Format Data Series

Series Options: Gap Width set to "No Gap" or 0%

Fill: Set to Solid Fill and pick an attractive color
Border Color: Leave at automatic or experiment.