Junior Member

Smile How to enter a table into a chart?

Hi,

This is my first time posting here, so I hope someone can help me.

Basically what I want to do is:

I have a chart that I have made previously. My boss wants me to add a little table, that shows three columns along the top, and 2 rows on the side (total and achieved), he wants to update the information weekly, but he also wishes for the table to be placed in the chart (on the side so its a piece of extra info in the chart)

Is there any way to do this so that when he updates his little table it changes automatically in the chart? Or am I just stuck with just copy and pasting??

Please let me know if you need any further info to help you help me :)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonD View Post
Hi,

This is my first time posting here, so I hope someone can help me.

Basically what I want to do is:

I have a chart that I have made previously. My boss wants me to add a little table, that shows three columns along the top, and 2 rows on the side (total and achieved), he wants to update the information weekly, but he also wishes for the table to be placed in the chart (on the side so its a piece of extra info in the chart)

Is there any way to do this so that when he updates his little table it changes automatically in the chart? Or am I just stuck with just copy and pasting??

Please let me know if you need any further info to help you help me :)
select the chart, create a textbox, select the textbox, type = in the formula bar, then click on the cell and press Enter. Select the range, click on the camera tool button, then click where you want the dynamic picture to appear.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonD View Post
Hi,

This is my first time posting here, so I hope someone can help me.

Basically what I want to do is:

I have a chart that I have made previously. My boss wants me to add a little table, that shows three columns along the top, and 2 rows on the side (total and achieved), he wants to update the information weekly, but he also wishes for the table to be placed in the chart (on the side so its a piece of extra info in the chart)

Is there any way to do this so that when he updates his little table it changes automatically in the chart? Or am I just stuck with just copy and pasting??

Please let me know if you need any further info to help you help me :)
In Excel 2007, when you have created your chart:
  • Click on your chart to select it
  • Select the Layout button tab
  • In the Labels button group, select Data Table / Show Data Table
This will show the table of Excel data that you used to create the chart within the chart frame. When you edit the data in Excel, the table within the chart will automatiucally update.

Last edited by tarquinious : May 9th 11 at 11:13 AM Reason: forgot a step