Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Bar Graph Help

I'm trying to create a graph similar to the bar graph shown in the middle of
the dashboard in the link below labeled as "YTD % of target", but don't know
how to get the overlapping bars in excel. Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

http://www.bonavistasystems.com/Down...Dashboard2.png

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Here's one way to do it...

Add the YTD % series to your bar graph, and then format the series so that
it is on the secondary axis. XL will probably create a secondary X-axis, but
that will cause a distortion of the data. We need them to be plotted on the
same x-axis. Right click on chart, chart options. Under "Axes", turn on the
secondary y-axis, turn off the secondary x-axis, ok out. Format the
secondary y-axis to have no tick marks, no labels.

Now, format the series, options, increase the gap width so that the width of
this bar is smaller than the background bars.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Nelson B." wrote in message
I'm trying to create a graph similar to the bar graph shown in the middle
of
the dashboard in the link below labeled as "YTD % of target", but don't
know
how to get the overlapping bars in excel. Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

http://www.bonavistasystems.com/Down...Dashboard2.png

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Those are "Bullet" charts, presumably generated by the same package that
created the sparklines elsewhere in the report.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.