Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
LJ LJ is offline

Default How can I customise colours used in charts and keep those colours.

Hi I've produced a series of pie charts from a set of data - and have
customised the colours but I have to manually alter the colours on each chart
once I've made the chart. How can I keep the colours for each chart?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Under Tools - Options - Color, you can set what XL should use by default as
the chart colors.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"LJ" wrote in message
Hi I've produced a series of pie charts from a set of data - and have
customised the colours but I have to manually alter the colours on each
chart
once I've made the chart. How can I keep the colours for each chart?

Senior Member

Location: Hyderabad
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ View Post
Hi I've produced a series of pie charts from a set of data - and have
customised the colours but I have to manually alter the colours on each chart
once I've made the chart. How can I keep the colours for each chart?

Once you arrange the colors manually for one chart, copy the chart to other sheet (other area) and re-arrange the source data accordingly.
__________________
Thanks
Bala
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Create the chart in the style you want.
Save the chart as a chart template (in 2007 / 2010 this is the second
button from the left on the Chart Tools|Design ribbon, next to "change
chart type".
This type is now available as a choice for creating new charts, or you
can take an existing chart and change type choose your template.

Hope this helps
Adam