Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default One Column on 1st y-axis and 3 lines on 2nd y-axis

Hello,
On Excel 2003 I am using the custom chart "Line-Column on 2 Axes". I would
like one column (series 1) for the first y-axis and 3 lines (series 2-4) for
the 2nd y axis. It seems that when adding series, that 2 columns are
automatically created when you exceed 2 series. Every seried added after the
second series results in lines for the 2nd y axis. If I delete one of the
first 2 series (columns) then the next series which is a line is
automatically converted to a column. My desired end result is to have only
one column on the 1st y axis and the 3 lines on the 2nd y axis. Can someone
help with this? I hope I have explained it sufficiently.

Thanks,
Joe M.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Do not use the built-in custom chart types.
Instead create a chart based on all the data. Then select each series
and change the axis used and chart type.

You may find starting with a line chart, moving series 2,3 and 4 to
secondary axis and changing series 1 to column the quick route.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel