Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pie Chart

I have the following data in Excel:

Total Percentage
Product 1 7 28%
Product 2 18 72%
Total 25 100%

I want to represent all data in a pie chart, but when I select three columns
and select Insert Pie Chart, it displays data in a weird way. For example it
shows total as 50%, Product 1 as 14% and Product 2 as 36%. Which is the
correct way to do it, so as to display real values?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Emece.-
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

By default, Total = 100% so why graph it??

Just select the first two rows and make a graph of that.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Emece" wrote in message
I have the following data in Excel:

Total Percentage
Product 1 7 28%
Product 2 18 72%
Total 25 100%

I want to represent all data in a pie chart, but when I select three
columns
and select Insert Pie Chart, it displays data in a weird way. For example
it
shows total as 50%, Product 1 as 14% and Product 2 as 36%. Which is the
correct way to do it, so as to display real values?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Emece.-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

EXCEL 2007

You seem to have too many columns.

Take out the column that is not a percentage and I think things will work
out OK.

So you columns should look like:-

Column A should be your Products

Column B should be your Percentages

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"Emece" wrote:

I have the following data in Excel:

Total Percentage
Product 1 7 28%
Product 2 18 72%
Total 25 100%

I want to represent all data in a pie chart, but when I select three columns
and select Insert Pie Chart, it displays data in a weird way. For example it
shows total as 50%, Product 1 as 14% and Product 2 as 36%. Which is the
correct way to do it, so as to display real values?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Emece.-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Make the pie chart using just this data
Product 1 7
Product 2 18
Then format the chart to include data labels; you can display any/all of:
category names, data and percentage
Have a look at:
http://spreadsheets.about.com/od/exc...t_wiz_step.htm
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Emece" wrote in message
I have the following data in Excel:

Total Percentage
Product 1 7 28%
Product 2 18 72%
Total 25 100%

I want to represent all data in a pie chart, but when I select three
columns
and select Insert Pie Chart, it displays data in a weird way. For example
it
shows total as 50%, Product 1 as 14% and Product 2 as 36%. Which is the
correct way to do it, so as to display real values?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Emece.-

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

EXCEL 2007

Check out:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

I have just put up your example: item 85 (towards the top of my home page
at the time of posting).