Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Can not figure out the code for the chart layout type I want

I am trying to select a specific chart layout in my macro/VB code but
can not tell what to use.

When I use the macro record to record the chart layout type I want to use,
it looks
like this:

ActiveChart.ApplyLayout (5)
ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate
ActiveChart.DataTable.Select

but ApplyLayout (5) does not work when I try to run the macro.
I get an "item with specified name wasn't found" error.

I hope someone can help?? Thanks!
--
mfg2529