Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JEM JEM is offline

Default Formulae Help

Could anyone please tell me, I have developed a worksheet template were I
have sourced the data labels in my chart. Sometimes this means 0 is inserted
in the chart and I wondered if it was possible when I used the formulae below
that I could state that if the source cell equalled 0 then this should not be
used.

=' Data'!$O$32

Many Thanks in anticipation.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

How about:

=If(' Data'!$O$32=0, "",' Data'!$O$32)

Robert Flanagan
http://www.add-ins.com

"JEM" wrote in message
Could anyone please tell me, I have developed a worksheet template were I
have sourced the data labels in my chart. Sometimes this means 0 is
inserted
in the chart and I wondered if it was possible when I used the formulae
below
that I could state that if the source cell equalled 0 then this should not
be
used.

=' Data'!$O$32

Many Thanks in anticipation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
JEM JEM is offline

It is saying, This function not valid!
when I type in the formulae underneath comes up:

If(logical_test,[value_if_true],[value_if_false])

what is the logical_test?

"Robert Flanagan" wrote:

How about:

=If(' Data'!$O$32=0, "",' Data'!$O$32)

Robert Flanagan
http://www.add-ins.com

"JEM" wrote in message
Could anyone please tell me, I have developed a worksheet template were I
have sourced the data labels in my chart. Sometimes this means 0 is
inserted
in the chart and I wondered if it was possible when I used the formulae
below
that I could state that if the source cell equalled 0 then this should not
be
used.

=' Data'!$O$32

Many Thanks in anticipation.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

JEM,
The logical test is "If(' Data'!$O$32=0" without the " ",value_if_true is"
"" " without the first and last quotes, value_if_true is, " ' Data'!$O$32"
without the first and last quotes.
In english the statement says, if the value on sheet ' Data' in cell O32 is
equal to zero, then display nothing, else display the value on sheet ' Data'
in cell O32.
hope this answered your question.
"JEM" wrote:

It is saying, This function not valid!
when I type in the formulae underneath comes up:

If(logical_test,[value_if_true],[value_if_false])

what is the logical_test?

"Robert Flanagan" wrote:

How about:

=If(' Data'!$O$32=0, "",' Data'!$O$32)