jrgarcia79

Default Trim data in charts

Does any one know if it is possible to 'trim' data in the charts?
the idea is not only to 'hide' unwanted data but rather to actually delete
it in the chart and the dataset.

Perhaps is just not possible...

many thanks.
Jerry W. Lewis

If you have plotted X1:X200, you could delete rows X1:X100 from the
worksheet and chart by selecting rows 1:100 and Edit|Delete (if
prompted, select entire row). Note that this will delete the entire
rows (not just column X), which may delete other items that you may not
be through with.

You could select just the cells X1:X100 and Edit|Delete|Shift Cells Up.

Note that deleting cells or rows may cause results to change if your
sheet contains live formulas.

Also note that while Excel will allow you to delete all cells in a chart
series, that action will not delete the chart series itself, which can
then be unpleasant.

Jerry

jrgarcia79 wrote:

Does any one know if it is possible to 'trim' data in the charts?
the idea is not only to 'hide' unwanted data but rather to actually delete
it in the chart and the dataset.

Perhaps is just not possible...

many thanks.

jrgarcia79

thanks for answering, but I guess I asked in the wrong words, let's start by
saying that I have data in one spreadsheet and the chart of that data in a
separate sheet.
What I want to do is to be able to select a point in the chart and delete
whatever data points are after it.
I wanted to see if this was possible because right now I do it the way you
suggested but it is somehow time-consuming to do this on every single plot
that I get.

thanks again and I hope there is a way to do what I need.

~George

jrgarcia79 wrote:

Does any one know if it is possible to 'trim' data in the charts?
the idea is not only to 'hide' unwanted data but rather to actually delete
it in the chart and the dataset.

Perhaps is just not possible...

many thanks.

Jon Peltier

George -

It's possible to capture chart events (clicks and etc.), and write code that will
then know you want to delete points that come after the selected point. I wrote
about chart events he

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

- Jon
-------