Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default On scatter chart, how can data points be moved with curser?

EXCEL 2003 allows data pointa on a scatter chart to be draged from one
location to another. I use this feature a lot to fit an equation with dummy
data points to actual data points. I am unable to do this in EXCEL 2007. I
have asked others with this new system and they were not able find a way to
do it either. Has this function been removed? How can this feature be
activated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

According to MS documentation:-

"Direct manipulation of data points: In the past, you could select a data
point in a chart and move it €” which also changed the underlying data. This
rarely used action no longer works."

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"Carlos Sr" wrote:

EXCEL 2003 allows data pointa on a scatter chart to be draged from one
location to another. I use this feature a lot to fit an equation with dummy
data points to actual data points. I am unable to do this in EXCEL 2007. I
have asked others with this new system and they were not able find a way to
do it either. Has this function been removed? How can this feature be
activated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Excel 2007 Chart
Move points on XY scatter chart.
Also scale XY axes.
With macro.
http://c0444202.cdn.cloudfiles.racks...10_31_09a.xlsm
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Carlos,

You might want to see Microsoft's add-in for this. Still not as good as
XL2003...

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/...arts-mpoc.aspx

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com