Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel to Word : Paste specialPaste Link Excel Chart Obj doesn't

When I copy a chart from an Excell 2007 file and
paste it as: Paste Special Paste link Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object
I get a blank white picture (with gridlines in middle and a red (x) in the
top left corner). It does not show correctly. However, the link is working
correctly.

after troubleshooting:

I noticed that if I paste the same chart with 2700 rows of data the chart
shows properly. But when I go above the 2700 rows of data the chart does not
display properly.

when I pasted the chart with the original 47000 rows of data it was not
diplaying properly; however, i started to delete rows, and when I got to 2700
rows, and updated the link (right click on chart and 'Update Link' in Word)
the chart updated properly.

I only have three columns of data graphed (X-Y-Y) , in case you want to know
the amount of data.

Seeing that the problem lies with too much data; Is there a work-around this
problem? Is this a known issue? is the problem with Excel or Word?
What can I do?

Thank you in advance for all of you help.

Comp Specs:
OS: Win XP pro SP3; 3GHz; 3G RAM;
Excel 2007 & Word 2007