Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Chart distorts secondary axis when the x-axis is logarithmic

I'm trying to create a chart whose x-axis and primary y-axis are logarithmic
and whose secondary y-axis is linear using Excel 2007. No matter how I build
the chart (i.e. three columns at the same time, or adding a series at a time)
as soon as I select logarithmic from the x-axis options the data plotted on
the y-axis ( the linear axis) becomes distorted (logarithmic). How can I
correct this? Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

I can not reproduce the problem. All is as expected if I,
Create a xy-scatter with 2 series. Move 2nd series to Secondary axis.
Change Primary Y axis to Log
Change Primary X axis to Log

Do you have Service Pack 2 installed? Check via Office Button Excel
Options Resources.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Nemo" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a chart whose x-axis and primary y-axis are
logarithmic
and whose secondary y-axis is linear using Excel 2007. No matter how I
build
the chart (i.e. three columns at the same time, or adding a series at a
time)
as soon as I select logarithmic from the x-axis options the data plotted
on
the y-axis ( the linear axis) becomes distorted (logarithmic). How can I
correct this? Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks for you help Andy, but I still get the same results when I perform the
steps of your solution. I checked and verified that we have SP2 loaded.
Before I posted my question yesterday I sent my file to one of our Excel
"experts" here and he got the same result I did. After I read your response
I gave the file to one of our engineer "new hires" (fresh out of college).
He also was unable to correctly plot this data with a logarithmic x-axis,
primary y-axis and linear secondary y-axis. If you have time could I send
you the worksheet I'm trying to put into a chart?

"Nemo" wrote in message
I'm trying to create a chart whose x-axis and primary y-axis are
logarithmic
and whose secondary y-axis is linear using Excel 2007. No matter how I
build
the chart (i.e. three columns at the same time, or adding a series at a
time)
as soon as I select logarithmic from the x-axis options the data plotted
on
the y-axis ( the linear axis) becomes distorted (logarithmic). How can I
correct this? Thanks for your help.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

send the file to
andy AT andypope DOT info

Cheers
Andy

"Nemo" wrote in message

I'm trying to create a chart whose x-axis and primary y-axis are
logarithmic
and whose secondary y-axis is linear using Excel 2007. No matter how I
build
the chart (i.e. three columns at the same time, or adding a series at a
time)
as soon as I select logarithmic from the x-axis options the data plotted
on
the y-axis ( the linear axis) becomes distorted (logarithmic). How can I
correct this? Thanks for your help.

.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Did you ever succeeded.

I have now the same problem with Microsoft Excel 2007. I have two curves
with big difference in y-axis but same values in x-axis. I wanted to plot the
curves with y-axis as linear axis for both primary and secondary axis and
x-axis as logarithmic axis for both as well. Whenever I change x-axis to
logarithmic only primary curve changes while the secondary axis remain in
same place (still is linear in x-axis).

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

send the file to
andy AT andypope DOT info

Cheers
Andy

"Nemo" wrote in message

I'm trying to create a chart whose x-axis and primary y-axis are
logarithmic
and whose secondary y-axis is linear using Excel 2007. No matter how I
build
the chart (i.e. three columns at the same time, or adding a series at a
time)
as soon as I select logarithmic from the x-axis options the data plotted
on
the y-axis ( the linear axis) becomes distorted (logarithmic). How can I
correct this? Thanks for your help.

.

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

For this particular problem the curve variation between linear and log axis
was down to the data.

Did you add secondary x-axis as well?

Cheers
Andy
--

"Frederik Zeeb" <Frederik wrote in message
Did you ever succeeded.

I have now the same problem with Microsoft Excel 2007. I have two curves
with big difference in y-axis but same values in x-axis. I wanted to plot
the
curves with y-axis as linear axis for both primary and secondary axis and
x-axis as logarithmic axis for both as well. Whenever I change x-axis to
logarithmic only primary curve changes while the secondary axis remain in
same place (still is linear in x-axis).

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

send the file to