Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default charts shrinking to unuseable sizes

i am in the military and use an excel sheet to track items between myself and
the team based in iraq. the problem is that when we email this sheet back and
forth, all of the charts and graphs shrink so small that we cant read them.
we have tried protecting the sheet, that didnt work. We are useing outlook
for the email and have no idea what is causing this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:12:01 +1000, Mark Sandoval <Mark
wrote:

i am in the military and use an excel sheet to track items between
myself and
the team based in iraq. the problem is that when we email this sheet
back and
forth, all of the charts and graphs shrink so small that we cant read
them.
we have tried protecting the sheet, that didnt work. We are useing
outlook
for the email and have no idea what is causing this.

Why not convert to a PDF?

--

cheers,
calvin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

If you are using Excel 2007, I believe this (i.e., shrinking charts)
was a problem with the original version. It *may* have been fixed in
a subsequent service pack (SP) release. You may want to verify that
you and your team in Iraq are using the up-to-date version of Excel.

Alternatively, it shouldn't be too difficult writing a macro to resize
the charts to a larger size.

If the first option does not work out, post back and I, or someone
else, may be able to do the needful.

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:12:01 -0800, Mark Sandoval <Mark
wrote:

i am in the military and use an excel sheet to track items between myself and
the team based in iraq. the problem is that when we email this sheet back and
forth, all of the charts and graphs shrink so small that we cant read them.
we have tried protecting the sheet, that didnt work. We are useing outlook
for the email and have no idea what is causing this.

Regards,

Tushar Mehta
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-present
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel and PowerPoint tutorials and add-ins