Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Charts sizes and positions are changed by Excel, why?

When I re-open the file, often the charts have increased in size about 30%
*and* have shifted southeast on the page. This has happened frequently. This
is really annoying as I have to repeatedly re-size the charts to the correct
dimensions.

This is clearly a bug in program. It is reoccurring in several different
Excel 2007 files.

Does anyone know any more about this?

-----
This problem appears to be similar to this post:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...xp=&sloc=en-us
Changing the properties to "Don't move or size with cells" (as suggested in
that post) did not solve the problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I believe this is a known issue, and hopefully it will be corrected. Are
you using SP2? If not that might help.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jeff in GA" wrote:

When I re-open the file, often the charts have increased in size about 30%
*and* have shifted southeast on the page. This has happened frequently. This
is really annoying as I have to repeatedly re-size the charts to the correct
dimensions.

This is clearly a bug in program. It is reoccurring in several different
Excel 2007 files.

Does anyone know any more about this?

-----
This problem appears to be similar to this post:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...xp=&sloc=en-us
Changing the properties to "Don't move or size with cells" (as suggested in
that post) did not solve the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Shane, thanks for asking: my Excel is only to SP1, I'll up to SP2 and see if
that resolves the problem. Otherwise, I'm glad this is a known problem.

I believe this is a known issue, and hopefully it will be corrected. Are
you using SP2? If not that might help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Upgrading Excel to SP2 did *not* eliminate the problem of the charts shifting
and enlarging.