TOMB

Default Leader Lines Connecting Chart to Box

I have a pie chart with a text box (to the upper right). I take one slice and
draw lines from the top and bottom of the outside ends of the slice to
connect to the text box.

Naturally, as the data changes, the slice changes (or the pie slightly
rotates) which requires me to adjust the lines to the box.

Is there a way to have these lines track with the chart?

Andy Pope

Here is a possible solution. It uses a combination chart which allows
the lines to be plotted and updated dynamically by using a xy-scatter.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/customerleaderlines.htm

If you have to still with using the drawn lines then you will have to
use VBA code to re position the lines according to the new data.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel