Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Updating Multiple Chart Titles

My worksheet recferences the same stock symbol in 17 different charts. How
do I update the chart title simultaneously in all 17? I don't want to chart
options- Titles and edit 17 times.

Thanks for your review and insight - Sony
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Put the title you want in a cell. You can use a formula in this cell to
build the title you want.

Now go to each chart in turn (this is the last time you'll have to do
this). Select the chart title, but not so the cursor is active in the
existing title text. Click in the formula bar, type = (the equals sign),
then click on the cell with the title. Press Enter.

This links the chart titles to the cell, so when the cell updates, so
will all the chart titles.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier