Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Automatically updating chart titles

Is there a way to have Excel automatically update the main Chart title
without having to double-click on the title and manually type in the new
title? I have a situation in which I have many different charts to generate
and it is easy to cut and paste the new data into the pre-existing graph to
replace the old data. However, I always have to manually fix the chart
title.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can link the title to a cell in the worksheet. Select the title without
actually activating the cursor in it, click in the Formula bar, type =, then
click on the cell and press Enter. Changing the text in the cell is easier
than changing it in the title or in the dialog.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.