Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Stacked Charts

Hi all, i need some help creating a stacked bar chart in excel.

I want to lay this out in quarters so Quarter 1 will be Turnover and Target
two charts but next to each other and same applies to all other quarters.
Currently they are all spaced and individually spaced.

I have tried changing the gap and it does it for each one.

Please help!!

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Neil.

OK, lets start drawing what you have done so far.

Please look at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

On the home page the first item is number 18.

Please open this item.

This is what I have done for you so far.

You say 2 charts. What do you mean by this? A stacked bar chart is only 1
chart not 2.

€śnext to each other€ť - again what do you mean by this? Please explain in
terms of the chart that I have created so I can amend it.

Please be more specific about the help that you want. So say: this is what
it is doing but I want to do this instead. This gives me and others a clearer
idea of where you are and where you want to get to.

"Neil Holden" wrote:

Hi all, i need some help creating a stacked bar chart in excel.

I want to lay this out in quarters so Quarter 1 will be Turnover and Target
two charts but next to each other and same applies to all other quarters.
Currently they are all spaced and individually spaced.

I have tried changing the gap and it does it for each one.

Please help!!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi, thanks for your reply it is much appreciated.

I mean one chart, didnt explain myself clear enough.

As from your chart i will have Q1 with two columns one for turnover and one
for target, and then same applies to Q2, Q3 and Q3.

So you have 4 bars in your chart i want 8 but split up into quarters.

It is just spacing all the bar instead of spacing it by quarters.

Hope i've made more sense.

Neil.

"Neil Holden" wrote:

Hi all, i need some help creating a stacked bar chart in excel.

I want to lay this out in quarters so Quarter 1 will be Turnover and Target
two charts but next to each other and same applies to all other quarters.
Currently they are all spaced and individually spaced.

I have tried changing the gap and it does it for each one.

Please help!!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Arrange your data in three columns. The first column has the quarter
labels, the second has the turnover numbers, the third the target
numbers. Leave the cell above the quarter labels blank, but put
"Turnover" and "Target" in the cells above the other two columns.

With your data properly arranged, select the data and create your chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Neil Holden wrote:
Hi all, i need some help creating a stacked bar chart in excel.

I want to lay this out in quarters so Quarter 1 will be Turnover and Target
two charts but next to each other and same applies to all other quarters.
Currently they are all spaced and individually spaced.

I have tried changing the gap and it does it for each one.

Please help!!

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Neil.

I have updated my Workbook in view of the comments that you have made.

It is still number 18 on my website:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

(at the top of my home page).

Does this now meet your requirements?

If not please let me know how it doesnt and I will make further corrections
for you.

I will try to make any further amendments that might be necessary over the
weekend.

As far as I can see what I have done already takes into account what Jon has
said below (Jon please correct me if I am wrong).

Thanks!