Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Change Source Data in VBA

Hi,

Please be aware that I have also posted this in the XL Programming group as
I am not sure which is most appropriate.

I have a chart set up (eg a simple bar chart) that I want to be able to
update automatically using VBA. The source data will vary in quantity and I
have no way of knowing in advance how many data there will be.
Eg
I might currently have:
A1 B1 C1 D1
10 12 15 35

but when I want to refresh the chart I might have:
A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1
15 5 10 20 25 10

(don't worry about the actual values).

How do I tell Excel to re-size the source data area automatically (ie as
part of a VBA macro) - the number of data may reduce as well as increase?

I'm reasonalby comfortable with VBA but by no means am I a programmer, so a
brief explanation of how the solution works would be appreciated.

This is in Office 2003 if that makes a difference.

TIA

Dave

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Before tackling this process using VBA, would it be possible to solve with a
dynamic range?

In your scenario, perhaps a range defined something like:
=OFFSET($A$1,0,0,COUNT(1:1),1)
named "MyRange"

In your chart, the data range is:
='My Book.xls'!MyRange