Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default NA in Line chart plotting as zero

I'm using Excel 2007 and the line charts with NA are plotting as zero. I
suspect there's a setting I need to change, but I just can't find it. Can
someone assist?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Barb,

In xl2007 you can select the chart then use right-click Select Data. There's
a hidden/empty cells button.
Or via the ribbon, Chart Tools Design Data Select Data

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I'm using Excel 2007 and the line charts with NA are plotting as zero. I
suspect there's a setting I need to change, but I just can't find it.
Can
someone assist?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

NA is just text. #N/A is the error that line and XY charts skip when
plotting markers.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://peltiertech.com/

Barb Reinhardt wrote:
I'm using Excel 2007 and the line charts with NA are plotting as zero. I
suspect there's a setting I need to change, but I just can't find it. Can
someone assist?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

When I'm getting a cell value of #N/A for my IF(VLOOKUP()) statement, it is
still plotting as 0:00. Is there a special number format I need to use in
order to not plot #N/A as zero?

.