Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Column Chart to compare data

This is a basic question, but I'm new to charts. I have the following
information:

Hours Billable Hours Worked
9/15 121 128
9/30 159 136
10/15 133 134

I would like to make a column chart to compare the data for each pay period.
I would like the horizontal axis to list the dates. I would like each date
range to encompass two columns (Hours billable & Hours worked) for that date.
I would like to these two columns to be side by side touching. Then I would
like a small space and the next date with the two columns corresponding to
that date there.

I have figured out how to make the basic graph with all the columns
touching, but I would like to separate them out by date and I can't get the
horizontal axis to list the dates out. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Select all your data. Open the chart wizard, create a clustered column chart.
Once you have the chart created you may need to adjust the x-axis. If you
only want the dates you listed to be displayed, right-click on chart, chart
options. Go to the axis tab, and select "category" under the x-axis. If you
want a time-scale axis (with all calendar dates) choose "time scale"
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"BrookieOU" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Probably a time-scale axis is not good here. The dates are weekly, so
there would be a six-day gap between each one day of data.

The trick is to make sure there is a nonzero gap width, which is the
distance between adjacent clusters of columns.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.