Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default excel charts converted into pdf

Hello,
I'm experiencing the following issue:

I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then
converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat
Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of
vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting
charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem.
However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat
Professional 7.0.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately.
When I look closely at the vertical text in the Word document, it looks like
it is rendered as a bitmap. In my case, though, the vertical text was not
the axis labels - it was data point labels.

Sometime recopying the chart fixes the problem. In stubborn cases I paste
into Word as a bitmap.

Good luck,

Brian Murphy
Austin, Texas