Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Dynamic chart problem

I am following the example from 'Peltier' site.
All goes well until I get to changing the chart's data source.
It tells me to insert the following formula:
=Series(Data!$AI$1,Data!$AH$2:$AH$10,Data!$AI$2:$A I$10,1)
But with no luck, I get the following message "THAT FUNCTION IS NOT VALID"
Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

In order to better understand what's happening, please post back with the
page on Jon's site that you are referring to.

-------
John Mansfield
http://www.cellmatrix.net

"hoyos" wrote:

I am following the example from 'Peltier' site.
All goes well until I get to changing the chart's data source.
It tells me to insert the following formula:
=Series(Data!$AI$1,Data!$AH$2:$AH$10,Data!$AI$2:$A I$10,1)
But with no luck, I get the following message "THAT FUNCTION IS NOT VALID"
Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

My guess is that you've tried to insert that formula into a worksheet
instead of into a chart.
In the chart you need to select the series you are wanting to edit.
--
David Biddulph

"hoyos" wrote in message
I am following the example from 'Peltier' site.
All goes well until I get to changing the chart's data source.
It tells me to insert the following formula:
=Series(Data!$AI$1,Data!$AH$2:$AH$10,Data!$AI$2:$A I$10,1)
But with no luck, I get the following message "THAT FUNCTION IS NOT VALID"
Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Don't know what page on Jon's site you are referring to but you may
also want to check
Dynamic Charts
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...rts/index.html

On Wed, 7 Oct 2009 17:01:01 -0700, hoyos
wrote:

I am following the example from 'Peltier' site.
All goes well until I get to changing the chart's data source.
It tells me to insert the following formula:
=Series(Data!$AI$1,Data!$AH$2:$AH$10,Data!$AI$2:$ AI$10,1)
But with no luck, I get the following message "THAT FUNCTION IS NOT VALID"
Any ideas

Regards,

Tushar Mehta
Microsoft MVP Excel 2000-present
www.tushar-mehta.com
Excel and PowerPoint tutorials and add-ins

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Wild guess: some localized versions of Excel require arguments in
functions to be separated by semicolons instead of commas:

=Series(Data!$AI$1;Data!$AH$2:$AH$10;Data!$AI$2:$A I$10;1)

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.