Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default how do you sort a table by column 1

thank you in advance
--
paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi Paul I am not too sure where you are in EXCEL or what you are asking but
let me give you a simple example in the hope that it will answer your
question.

1. Bring up a new (blank) Workbook.

2. In cells A1 to A5 enter:-

a1
a2
a3
a4
a5

3. In cells B1 to B5 enter:-

b1
b2
b3
b4
b5

4. In cells C1 to C5 enter:-

c1
c2
c3
c4
c5

5. To sort by colum A (in EXCEL 2007):-

- highlight A1 to C5 (inclusive)

- Data / Sort / Sort by Column A / Order Z to A

6. Hit OK.

7. You will now see cells sorted as follows:-

a5 b5 c5
a4 b4 c4
a3 b3 c3
a2 b2 c2
a1 b1 c1

Please click on Yes if my comments have helped you.

Thanks!

"paul jones" wrote:

thank you in advance
--
paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

it is asking me to sort chart by column 1 mate i dont know what it means
myself i know you can bring columns in stage by stage. But i have forgot how
to to do that to i have excel test tommorrow thank you in advance
--
paul

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

[...]

"paul jones" wrote:

thank you in advance
--
paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

OK, Paul, sorry, don't seem to be able to help you.

"trip_to_tokyo" wrote:

[...]

"paul jones" wrote:

thank you in advance
--
paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

select the table
use Data | Sort from menu/ribbon
complete the dialog to tell what column to use for sorting

--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"paul jones" wrote in message
thank you in advance
--
paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

my data sort is greyed out when i select the chart mate
--
paul

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

select the table
use Data | Sort from menu/ribbon
complete the dialog to tell what column to use for sorting

--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"paul jones" wrote in message
thank you in advance
--
paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What has Chart Wizard to do with sorting?
Please tell us what you are actually doing
best wishes
--

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

select the table
use Data | Sort from menu/ribbon
complete the dialog to tell what column to use for sorting

--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"paul jones" wrote in message
thank you in advance
--
paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

i am sorry mate i didn't understand the question myself i think it was
meaning to bring column 1 of the chart in first i got it on a practce test
from gmetrix. If you can tell me how to do that i think thats what they mean
the question was so vague got test tommorrow thanks for your patience
--
paul

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

select the table
use Data | Sort from menu/ribbon
complete the dialog to tell what column to use for sorting

--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme