Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Legends - Everyone stuck?

I have data table with dates from AQ8 to BU8 and products in AP9-31.

In any one particular month the factory may only make on product, however in
other months it may make all 23. I would like to plot a graph of this data
that updates automatically - dynamic ranges.

As a result I have a graph that can move between one and 23 rows of data to
plot (series), each with its associated series name shown in the legend.

I have tried looking at Jon Peltiers website, C Pearson and several
questions on this discussion forum - no solution seems evident. Plotting the
data is no problem but getting the legend to update seems to be the catchy
part as even if I make it dynamic when I delete a series the legend will show
REF#.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What version of Excel are you using? In general when I want to plot
dynamically change rows of data I define the range as a table (2007) or list
(2003), then Excel automatically handles the changing number of rows.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"LiAD" wrote:

I have data table with dates from AQ8 to BU8 and products in AP9-31.

In any one particular month the factory may only make on product, however in
other months it may make all 23. I would like to plot a graph of this data
that updates automatically - dynamic ranges.

As a result I have a graph that can move between one and 23 rows of data to
plot (series), each with its associated series name shown in the legend.

I have tried looking at Jon Peltiers website, C Pearson and several
questions on this discussion forum - no solution seems evident. Plotting the
data is no problem but getting the legend to update seems to be the catchy
part as even if I make it dynamic when I delete a series the legend will show
REF#.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I'm in 2003.

I cant get dynamic items to work for the legend. For example if I start
with a full data table but then delete 6 of the 10 rows or whatever the plots
update but the legend will show REF#.

J.Peltier had a good suggestion of just hiding the rows or columns I dont
want to plot but in order for this to work and be usable I'd need to hide
part columns/rows. Do you know if this is possible?

If not i'd have monstrous sheet with my graph for Dec in col YY.

"LiAD" wrote:

I have data table with dates from AQ8 to BU8 and products in AP9-31.

In any one particular month the factory may only make on product, however in
other months it may make all 23. I would like to plot a graph of this data
that updates automatically - dynamic ranges.

As a result I have a graph that can move between one and 23 rows of data to
plot (series), each with its associated series name shown in the legend.

I have tried looking at Jon Peltiers website, C Pearson and several
questions on this discussion forum - no solution seems evident. Plotting the
data is no problem but getting the legend to update seems to be the catchy
part as even if I make it dynamic when I delete a series the legend will show
REF#.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Instead of deleting the rows, hide them. By default, and Excel chart
does not plot data from hidden cells.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier