Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Dynamic Charting By Dates

This is in reference to Jon Peltier's article on dyamic charts.

My question is the example given is using data that goes down a column.

Column A is the dates, Column B is the data, ect...

My data flows across rows, so all my dates are in row 1 and the data is in
row2.

I would like some help converting Mr. Peltiers technique to fit my need.

This code needs to go across a row instead of down a column.

=OFFSET(AllDates,MATCH(StartDate,AllDates,1)-1,0,MATCH(EndDate,AllDates,1)-MATCH(StartDate,AllDates,1)+1,1)

As well as this one I presume.

=OFFSET(ChartDates,0,1)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

From Excel's help, the syntax for the OFFSET function is

OFFSET ( reference, rows, columns, height, width )

Each input is separated by commas.

You'll need to do two things:

(1) swap the position of the row and column reference.
(2) swap the position of the height and width reference.

As an example, the present formula:

=OFFSET( AllDates, MATCH(StartDate,AllDates,1)-1, 0
,MATCH(EndDate,AllDates,1)-MATCH(StartDate,AllDates,1)+1 ,1 )

would then become:

=OFFSET( AllDates, 0, MATCH(StartDate,AllDates,1)-1, 1,
MATCH(EndDate,AllDates,1)-MATCH(StartDate,AllDates,1)+1 )

The formulas are complex so you may need to play with them a bit. I've not
tested the results but conceptually the repositioning of the inputs should
work.

For the second formula, the syntax would be:

OFFSET ( reference, rows, columns )

You would need to swap the position of the row and column reference.

--
John Mansfield
http://www.cellmatrix.net