Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Dynamic charting

I have a scatter chart (curved lines) that are based on data in cells a6
through v10, with column "A" being the 4 series names and row 6 being
temperatures.

The user inputs a temperature that goes into b6, and the rest of row 6
populates by adding 5 degrees to the previous. If the input is "0", I get a
nice graph with four lines from 0 to 100 degrees, and the "Y" axis adjusts to
accomodate the high values. If the input is 50, It shows blank from 0
degrees to 50 degrees, then a nice chart but only until 100 (not getting to
150 which is now in "V".

How can I fix this so that the entire range of 21 temperatures always show,
starting with whatever is input, or better yet, allow the user to input the
number of temperatures he wants shown, by inputtint in J17. (But without a
blank range from zero to his temperature).

I've tried a few of the related tutorials, and can't adapt them, maybe
because they are vertical instead of horizontal, and because they are a
single column, not 4 lines.

any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Well, you haven't indicated what you've done so far or what the nature of
the problem is.

because they are vertical instead of horizontal

The OFFSET formula has five parameters:

=OFFSET(Reference, Row Offset, Column Offset, Row Count, Column Count)

Switch the row and column parameters to get a horizontal range.

because they are a single column, not 4 lines

You need a named range for each distinct range required for all of the
series. This usually means one name for the X values, and one for the Y
values of each series, so in general you'd need five named ranges for four
series, assuming they share X.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP