Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Sum the column with the error cells

I am trying to add the total for one column in which some cells have the
#REF! sign. My formula is:
=SUMIF(Data!A1:Data!A100,"<#VALUE!")
but the output is still #REF! and cannot display the value total. Does my
formula miss any?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Your sheet reference is invalid (you truly do have a reference error).

=SUMIF(Data!A1:A100,"<#VALUE!")

Of note, why are you checking for "#VALUE!"? should it be searching for the
"#REF!"?

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"David" wrote:

I am trying to add the total for one column in which some cells have the
#REF! sign. My formula is:
=SUMIF(Data!A1:Data!A100,"<#VALUE!")
but the output is still #REF! and cannot display the value total. Does my
formula miss any?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Try this

=SUMIF(B1:B11,"<9E9")

This handles all error types.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"David" wrote:

I am trying to add the total for one column in which some cells have the
#REF! sign. My formula is:
=SUMIF(Data!A1:Data!A100,"<#VALUE!")
but the output is still #REF! and cannot display the value total. Does my
formula miss any?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

or
=SUMPRODUCT(--ISERROR(A1:A100))