Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Waterfall chart difficulties

I have constructed a waterfall chart to show accounting data. The chart has a
line representing the positive final figure as a benchmark. The data starts
below this line then goes negative, returning to positive and finally
equalling the benchmark. The chart i have constructed is essentially static
despite attempts to make it update from a table - this just causes the whole
thing to fall apart. In order to get the chart to work in static form I had
to set the line to be the x axis so the chart does not cross the x-axis. Is
there a way of setting this type of chart up to update from a table (I have
15 values).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Combine these two techniques to get the chart you're seeking.

Waterfall Charts:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...lcrossing.html

Add a Line to the Chart:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"PBcorn" wrote in message
I have constructed a waterfall chart to show accounting data. The chart has
line representing the positive final figure as a benchmark. The data
starts
below this line then goes negative, returning to positive and finally
equalling the benchmark. The chart i have constructed is essentially
static
despite attempts to make it update from a table - this just causes the
whole
thing to fall apart. In order to get the chart to work in static form I
had
to set the line to be the x axis so the chart does not cross the x-axis.
Is
there a way of setting this type of chart up to update from a table (I
have
15 values).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

PBcorn wrote:
I have constructed a waterfall chart to show accounting data. The chart has a
line representing the positive final figure as a benchmark. The data starts
below this line then goes negative, returning to positive and finally
equalling the benchmark. The chart i have constructed is essentially static
despite attempts to make it update from a table - this just causes the whole
thing to fall apart. In order to get the chart to work in static form I had
to set the line to be the x axis so the chart does not cross the x-axis. Is
there a way of setting this type of chart up to update from a table (I have
15 values).

FWIW I created a waterfall chart template that helps me with quick
starts for these charts.

I totally owe Jon Peltier for the idea...

http://vfdrake.home.comcast.net/file...l_template.xls