Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
PBcorn PBcorn is offline

Default Waterfall chart difficulties

I have constructed a waterfall chart to show accounting data. The chart has a
line representing the positive final figure as a benchmark. The data starts
below this line then goes negative, returning to positive and finally
equalling the benchmark. The chart i have constructed is essentially static
despite attempts to make it update from a table - this just causes the whole
thing to fall apart. In order to get the chart to work in static form I had
to set the line to be the x axis so the chart does not cross the x-axis. Is
there a way of setting this type of chart up to update from a table (I have
15 values).