Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Excel 2007 chart help

Hi gang new here - we just switched to 2007 and i am having a hard time
creating a pie chart with the following info -
WA 29 $835K
GA 39 $335K
FL 68 $1M
CA 105 $1M
TX 123 $5M

when i try to make pie chart i select all the cells with my mouse - when i
do that and go to insert and i can get it to work all that shows in my chart
is

TX 123 where the title is and on the right side just one blip $835K

On the data i selected i have a green box around TX 123 then a blue box only
on $5M and a purple box covering from $835k down to $1M

i can not get this to work any help would be appreciated :(

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Put a text label in the cell about $835K, and leave the cells above WA and
29 blank. Select the range including this new row of blanks and a label, and
Excel should do what you want.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"Droosp" wrote in message
Hi gang new here - we just switched to 2007 and i am having a hard time
creating a pie chart with the following info -
WA 29 $835K
GA 39 $335K
FL 68 $1M
CA 105 $1M
TX 123 $5M

when i try to make pie chart i select all the cells with my mouse - when i
do that and go to insert and i can get it to work all that shows in my
chart
is

TX 123 where the title is and on the right side just one blip $835K

On the data i selected i have a green box around TX 123 then a blue box
only
on $5M and a purple box covering from $835k down to $1M

i can not get this to work any help would be appreciated :(

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I don't know why you have two numerical columns here for a pie chart (and in
fact, I'm not much of a pie chart fan). You may want to move the irrelevant
data out of the way. But here is a more detailed explanation:

In a nonproportional font, the data should look like this:

Label
WA 29 $835K
GA 39 $335K
FL 68 $1M
CA 105 $1M
TX 123 $5M

Your label is at the top of the third column, and the cells above the first
two columns are completely empty. Select the range including the row with
the label and blank cells and make the chart.

- Jon
-------