Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Multiple Colors and/or Patterns in the Same Line

When I am building a line chart to display accounting data, the data often
consists of historical and projected numbers. Say I had historical data for
January-December 2008 and projected data for January - December 2009 and
wanted to show all 24 months on the same line in a chart with the 2008 part
of the line in green and the 2009 part blue, how would I do that?

Thanks in advance
Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

One way is to set up the data like this
A B C
Date Amt Amt
1/1/2009 87
2/1/2009 91
3/1/2009 29
4/1/2009 71
5/1/2009 49
6/1/2009 27
7/1/2009 76
8/1/2009 97
9/1/2009 40
10/1/2009 70
11/1/2009 5
12/1/2009 9
1/1/2010 52
2/1/2010 92
3/1/2010 24
4/1/2010 69
5/1/2010 30
6/1/2010 73
7/1/2010 48
8/1/2010 64
9/1/2010 59
10/1/2010 94
11/1/2010 92

You can format the dates to just show month and year and you can remove the
second legend entry.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire