Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default 2 colors in one line

Hi there I am putting a chart together to show the performance trend for
Budget, Actual and Forecast

Budget will not change therefore will be one color
However, I would like to combined the Actual and Forecast together. So i
have the actual dor every months to current month and all future months are
figures from forecast.

I have created a table for the graph data and the user toggles to the month
required as "Current month" it will fill up all the data up to the month
required and taking the forecast numbers for another tab.

Any ideas how i can show the forecast months in another color automatically?

Thanks a lot

Vivi
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: 2 colors in one line

Hi Vivi,

To show the forecast months in another color automatically, you can use a combination chart in Excel. Here are the steps to create a combination chart:
  1. Select the data range for the chart, including both the actual and forecast data.
  2. Go to the Insert tab in the ribbon and select Insert Column or Bar Chart.
  3. Choose the Clustered Column chart type.
  4. Right-click on the forecast data series in the chart and select Change Series Chart Type.
  5. Choose the Line chart type.
  6. Click OK to close the dialog box.
  7. Right-click on the forecast data series again and select Format Data Series.
  8. In the Format Data Series pane, select the Fill & Line tab.
  9. Under Fill, choose the color you want for the forecast data.
  10. Click Close to close the pane.

Now you should have a chart with two data series, one for actual and one for forecast, with the forecast data shown in a different color. You can customize the chart further by adding axis titles, data labels, and other formatting options as needed.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Use separate columns with =NA() in the empty cells
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"vivi" wrote in message
Hi there I am putting a chart together to show the performance trend for
Budget, Actual and Forecast

Budget will not change therefore will be one color
However, I would like to combined the Actual and Forecast together. So i
have the actual dor every months to current month and all future months
are
figures from forecast.

I have created a table for the graph data and the user toggles to the
month
required as "Current month" it will fill up all the data up to the month
required and taking the forecast numbers for another tab.

Any ideas how i can show the forecast months in another color
automatically?

Thanks a lot

Vivi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting