Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Coordinate secondary y axis to primary y axis

Is it possible to coordinate the secondary y axis on a chart
so that the maximum value is always 72 times the max value
on the primary y axis?

The primary y axis plots hours of work and the secondary
y axis plots $$. When the chart updates, we want to ensure
that the maximum on the secondary axis is equal to 72
times the maixum on the primary.

I have been searching but cannot find anything on this.

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Only way to have the maximum value be exactly 72 times is to set it via
code.
This shows you how to link it to a cell.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nkToSheet.html

You will need to use something similar but read the actual maximum value of
the primary scale rather than use a value from formula.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Opal" wrote in message
Is it possible to coordinate the secondary y axis on a chart
so that the maximum value is always 72 times the max value
on the primary y axis?

The primary y axis plots hours of work and the secondary
y axis plots $$. When the chart updates, we want to ensure
that the maximum on the secondary axis is equal to 72
times the maixum on the primary.

I have been searching but cannot find anything on this.

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

A ha!

That is what I was looking for yesterday and couldn't find!

Thank you so much!