-   -   Coordinate secondary y axis to primary y axis (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/233503-coordinate-secondary-y-axis-primary-y-axis.html)

Opal

Coordinate secondary y axis to primary y axis

Is it possible to coordinate the secondary y axis on a chart
so that the maximum value is always 72 times the max value
on the primary y axis?

The primary y axis plots hours of work and the secondary
y axis plots $$. When the chart updates, we want to ensure
that the maximum on the secondary axis is equal to 72
times the maixum on the primary.

I have been searching but cannot find anything on this.

Thanks,

Andy Pope

Coordinate secondary y axis to primary y axis

Hi,

Only way to have the maximum value be exactly 72 times is to set it via
code.
This shows you how to link it to a cell.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...nkToSheet.html

You will need to use something similar but read the actual maximum value of
the primary scale rather than use a value from formula.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Opal" wrote in message
Is it possible to coordinate the secondary y axis on a chart
so that the maximum value is always 72 times the max value
on the primary y axis?

The primary y axis plots hours of work and the secondary
y axis plots $$. When the chart updates, we want to ensure
that the maximum on the secondary axis is equal to 72
times the maixum on the primary.

I have been searching but cannot find anything on this.

Thanks,

Opal

Coordinate secondary y axis to primary y axis

A ha!

That is what I was looking for yesterday and couldn't find!

Thank you so much!