Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Curve Graphing

I am an armature fabricator looking for a graphing spreadsheet to assist me
in fitting intersecting pipes. For example if I have two 1 diameter pipes
and I want one to interest the other at a 90 degree angle the end of the
intersecting pipe needs trimmed on the top and bottom to enable a tight fit.
However, my math and Excel skills have failed me and I can not create a
spreadsheet template that permits me to enter the diameter of both pipes as
well as the degree of intersection and then plot a usable curve graph. I am
looking to print the curve on paper and then wrap the paper around the pipe
that needs trimmed so that I can see the material that needs removed. Any
suggestions on where I may find a tool like this?
--
Bruce
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Bruce,
I am fairly confident that you want a sin wave
In C1 enter R/2, so for a 2" pipe enter 1
In A1 0, in A2 = A1+PI()/50; copy down to about A250 (this give you a good
overlap when you wrap the cut-out.
In B1 enter =C1*sin(A1); copy the column
The trick is going to be change the chart size so that the amplitude
(peak-to-trough) is R/2 inches when printed and the period equal half the
circumference ( 0.5*Pi*R) - the distance between the first and the third
peak is such that they overlap when you warp the cut-out around the rod.
I did this with 'hand-waving' not real math!
Have a lot of fun!
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Bruce" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Make that: The trick is going to be change the chart size so that the
amplitude
(peak-to-trough) is R inches ( not R/2)

--

"Bruce" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Pipe Joint Template Software. Free.
http://www.harderwoods.com/pipetemplate.php

graphing Paul Hood New Users to Excel 1 April 24th 09 04:10 PM
Graphing suz Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 1st 08 07:24 AM
Graphing ace Charts and Charting in Excel 1 June 23rd 06 12:32 PM
graphing kristine Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 17th 05 06:12 AM
curve fitting a charging capacitor type curve mcgradys Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 November 15th 05 01:46 PM