Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
FRB FRB is offline

Default Arrows don't snap vertical or horizontal

I often need to extend vertical or horizontal arrows in a chart. Unlike Excel
2003, in 2007 dragging one end of the arrow causes it to snap to any
direction EXCEPT vertical or horizontal???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Click chart
Use Ribbon command: Insert | Shapes and click the arrow line
Hold down the SHIFT key and drag mouse to make line
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"FRB" wrote in message
I often need to extend vertical or horizontal arrows in a chart. Unlike
Excel
2003, in 2007 dragging one end of the arrow causes it to snap to any
direction EXCEPT vertical or horizontal???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
FRB FRB is offline

Yes, But now try to e.g. lengthen the line by dragging one end - it becomes
unaligned, whatever you do. I can't replace all the arrows every time I
update a chart.

"FRB" wrote in message
I often need to extend vertical or horizontal arrows in a chart. Unlike
Excel
2003, in 2007 dragging one end of the arrow causes it to snap to any
direction EXCEPT vertical or horizontal???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

What do you need the arrows for? In 2007 you can apply arrowheads to all
kinds of lines in a chart, including axes (yes!), error bars, and lines
connecting points. Probably trendlines too.

I would scrap the manually drawn arrows and use actual chart elements.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"FRB" wrote in message
I often need to extend vertical or horizontal arrows in a chart. Unlike
Excel
2003, in 2007 dragging one end of the arrow causes it to snap to any
direction EXCEPT vertical or horizontal???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Yes, trendlines too.

Despite my blog post today (I couldn't get non-vertical lines:
http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/con...s-2007-error/),
they haven't completely broken charting in 2007.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/

### Two weeks left! Don't miss it! ###

Advanced Excel Conference - June 17-18 2009 - Charting and Programming
http://peltiertech.com/Training/2009...00906ACNJ.html
_______