Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pivot table chart

I hope there's a simple answer to this but I'm in a hurry and haven't got
time to search for ages myself!!

I have produced a pivot chart and one of the data fields is date (in the
format 01/01/09 and the dates start in 2007). In short I want to be able to
show all the data I have and then home-in on information from 2008 onwards
and then 2009 onwards. Is there a simple way to do this? I tried to use the
shift key to select a data range but this wasn't allowed so I'm looking for
something like that!!

Cheers

Ian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Hi,

Put your cursor in the Date column of the pivot table (a row field?) and
choose PivotTable, Group and Show Detail, Group turn on Year, Month and
(Quarter?) and click OK. Or turn on Year, Month, Day or whatever
combination you want.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire