Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to create chart from Pivot table but not Pivot chart?

I don't like pivot chart and try to make chart from pivot table. Thix excel
chart must
expand when the pivot table expand.
I think may be need offset functions for x and y axis ?
Any comment or idea are welcome
Thks
Daniel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

You can make a regular chart from a pivot table: select a blank cell that
isn't touching the pivot table, start the chart wizard, and when you get to
the Source Data dialog (step 2), click on the Series tab. One by one, add
each series, then select the appropriate ranges for X and Y.

This regular chart will not update automatically when the pivot table
changes. You can use dynamic range names to let the length of each series
change with the changing data
(http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...mnChart1.html), but dynamic
names cannot be used to change the number of series in a chart, without at
least using VBA to add or remove series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions