Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Unwanted fills on lines in Office 2007 charts

We take Powerpoint and Excel charts into Adobe Illustrator to spiff
them up before posting on the Web or putting into printed
publications. But with Office 2007, plot lines are no longer just
lines, they are lines AND fills--they have both line and fill
attributes. So when we bring a chart into Illustrator and we want to
change the color of a plot line, we have to change the color of the
line (stroke) AND the fill. If we want to change the stroke thickness
(weight), we are stuck--we can't do it. Does anyone know of a way to
make plot lines in Powerpoint and Excel simple lines (and not shapes)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On May 26, 1:25*pm, Misange wrote:
a écrit :

We take Powerpoint and Excel charts into Adobe Illustrator to spiff
them up before posting on the Web or putting into printed
publications. But with Office 2007, plot lines are no longer just
lines, they are lines AND fills--they have both line and fill
attributes. So when we bring a chart into Illustrator and we want to
change the color of a plot line, we have to change the color of the
line (stroke) AND the fill. If we want to change the stroke thickness
(weight), we are stuck--we can't do it. Does anyone know of a way to
make plot lines in Powerpoint and Excel simple lines (and not shapes)?

In excel use only lines which are 1 point large.
In illustrator suppress the fill (I mean fill it with no color) and keep
the line. You can then modify the thickness. This is painfull I agree.
Did you also notice that by default the axis are not black but grey ?
(not always). With a mix of carefully designed graph models in excel and
scripts in illustrator you can do what you did before in 2003. That is
progress...

--
Misange migrateusehttp://www.excelabo.net

Thank you. This is very helpful. So many steps is a drage, but it is
nice to get the control over the look. I do remember seeing something
unusual about the color of the axis lines, but I thought it was
something I did.